Saturday, November 12, 2011

Preview of 蜜の味 Mitsu no Aji ~ A Taste of Honey

Title: 蜜の味 Mitsu no Aji ~ A Taste of Honey
O.A. Start Date: 13 Oct 11
Timeslot: Thursdays, 10pm
Broadcast via: FujiTV
Theme song: Zutto by aiko
Official website: here
Cast: Eikura Nana, Kanno Miho, ARATA, Mizobata Junpei, Ichikawa Tomohiro, Kimura Fumino, Nishiyama Maki, Sano Shiro etc.

There are two main reasons why I am paying attention to this drama. First of all, the story sounds pretty interesting with Eikura and Kanno playing not just ordinary rivals in love. Eikura's character is a niece who falls for her uncle (although not related by blood) and follows him to Tokyo to be a doctor just to be by his side. On the other side is Kanno's character who plays a cool and collected female doctor who's already in a steady relationship with the uncle in question played by ARATA. I have to admit that the setting does seem a bit messy and borders on the edge of forbidden love but I think the part about the uncle and niece not being related by blood would have reduced the likelihood of viewers having an issue with the concept of hinted incest. However, I have a nagging feeling that the ending will be inconclusive after all.

Secondly, I like Kanno Miho's acting and I was impressed with ARATA's performance in CHASE so that got me keen on this drama. As for Eikura Nana, I think she did OK in Nakanai to Kimeta Hi but I do have reservations on how she will hold up against the other two leads. Nonetheless, I still hope that she will surprise me in a good way.

No comments: