Friday, August 20, 2010

Review of Ningen no Shomei 人間の証明

Apparently, this is a very famous series which has been made into a movie before but I'm not too familiar with this though. It could have been shown long before I started watching J-dramas but anyway, that's not the main concern here.

It's been some time since I watched a suspense drama so when I managed to lay my hands on this, it was really a wish come true since Yutaka is one of my favourite actors and this looks like a quality drama in terms of the cast and plot. Story-wise, I don't want to give too much away since it would spoil the fun for those who have not seen it yet. My only comments for this would be that it's a logical development of events and is not a far-fetched story. Besides, with the quality acting especially Yutaka vs Matsuzaka Keiko in the last episode, I don't feel like I've wasted my time sitting through this drama.

If you are looking for a clean-cut Yutaka, you are going to be quite disappointed since his image is somewhat like the Shinji-look in Long Vacation, with the beard and rugged look. Besides, his character as Munesue Koichiro is a hot-blooded cop with a violence tendency due to a childhood trauma so you won't see him taking great care of his appearance. Nevertheless, he still looks very nice in the simple black tie, white shirt suits throughout the whole series, complete with sunglasses. On the other hand, Matsuzaka Keiko plays Koori Kyoko dresses up to the nines as the wife of a politician who decides to run for office since her husband is ill. She's also a writer of a bestseller series and symbolizes success for married women. This sort of contrasts Munesue and Koori as people belonging to two different worlds but they cross paths under the most extraordinary circumstances i.e. a murder.

Ratings throughout the entire season:

1) 15.9%
2) 12.6%
3) 11.9%
4) 11.7%
5) 11.0%
6) 11.4%
7) 9.8%
8) 11.3%
9) 11.5%
10) 13.3%

Average: 12.04%

No comments: