Saturday, August 30, 2008

Review of 33 pun Tantei Ep 2

This will be the last I'm seeing of this drama.

Like what I mentioned before, I will not continue to watch this drama if it proves to be what I deduced from the first episode i.e. deliberately lengthening the episode just to fit that 33-minute requirement. Well, this type of dramas can be a hit or miss so for me, it falls into the latter category. Some jokes were downright silly so I really couldn't bear the thought of sitting through another episode of this drama.

The most fascinating or should I say bewildering thing I couldn't understand was why Ootawara had to go to Rokuro time and again for help when he could have solved the case in just 5 minutes. It just seems like he's been taken for a ride and end up at the starting point. Doesn't he feel silly about this? It is unlike Kindaichi or even the gang from Tantei Gakuen Q who really do the case-solving and be of help to the police detectives. Anyway, I won't bother about trying to think through this point since I'm stopping at Episode 2.

Seems like there are many people who do like this drama based on the ratings. It's been doing relatively well for a late-night drama. Are they watching it for Tsuyoshi or the story?

No comments: